This month Family Green have totally fallen in love with a new dish that initially we found through using a company called ‘Hello Fresh.’ Since we tried it, it has been a weekly addition to our menu! It’s a prawn and chorizo spaghetti dish that is so simple to make but the taste is out of this world! Here is a quick run down of the recipe – honestly, you need this in your life!
For 4 people:
4 garlic cloves
350g king prawns
4 large vine tomatoes
1/2 tsp chilli powder
parsley – optional
pack of chopped chorizo
1. Peel and chop the garlic, finely chop the parsley and chop the prawns into chunks. Cube the tomatoes and boil a large pan of water for the spaghetti.
2. Cook the spaghetti for 11 minutes.
3. Whilst cooking the spaghetti is cooking heat 2tbsp of olive oil (we use a few sprays of 1cal spray instead) in a separate pan and add the garlic and chilli for 30 seconds before throwing in the chorizo to cook for 2 minutes, keep stirring.
4. Then add in the prawns and mix for a further 2 minutes.
5. Next add in the tomato passata and let it bubble for 5-8 minutes before popping in the chopped tomatoes for a further 5 minutes.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7.Drain the spaghetti and sprinkle in the parsley and stir.
8. Drop the spaghetti into the tomato mix, stir and serve up – perfect!
A totally delicious meal for four, honestly, the best thing we’ve made in ages and I think you’ll love it too!