Sorry this post is a little late but as they say, better late than never!
This is a fun Tasty Tuesday recipe for St Patrick’s Day this Friday, the cupcake recipe is my go to recipe and it’s so easy and delicious every time. These little cakes will be perfect for any St Paddy’s Day celebrations you may be hosting.
You Will Need:
- 2 eggs
- 150g self-raising flour
- 100g butter/margarine
- 125g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- 200g butter
- 400g icing sugar
- gel food colouring
- chocolate gold coins
- green sprinkles
- Pre heat the oven to 190 and line a cupcake tray with cases.
- It may not be what everyone would agree with, but I throw all the ingredients, butter, sugar, flour, eggs and milk all in together and mix it up for about 2 minutes.
- Then I add the vanilla extract and mix for a further 30 seconds.
- Ensure the ingredients are well combined with no lumps.
- Now spoon the mix into the cupcake cases evenly – I use two tea spoons to do this.
- Bake in the oven for 15-17 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack before icing.
While the cupcakes are cooling you can make the icing.
- Add the butter and sieved icing sugar into the bowl and mix for a good 5 minutes. The longer you leave to mix, the whiter the colour.
- After 5 minutes, add in the green gel food colouring – keep adding until you have your desired shade.
- Continue to mix until well combined.
- If you have a piping bag, choose the nozzle you require and set up the piping kit, then spoon in the icing and get piping! If you don’t have a piping kit you can use a sandwich bag and once the icing is in the bag, simply snip the corner off and pipe away!
- Once the cupcakes are iced, place a chocolate gold coin in the centre and pop on your green sprinkles to finish them off.
- And voila – gorgeous, scrummy St Patrick’s Day cupcakes.
Have fun making these and let me know how you get on!
See you Friday!