With Easter just around the corner it’s time to start thinking about how you will celebrate and what gifts you may want to give to your friends and family. Easter eggs always tend to feature highly in most households at this time of year but it is so easy to just go to a shop, choose and buy an egg…it’s always nicer when there’s a little personal touch to things. So here’s a craft that children will love but for adults too – and once you have all the resources it’s super easy.
You Will Need:
- Empty, clean jars of varying sizes
- chalk paint
- Easter silhouette, vinyl, peelable glass/window stickers
- various chocolate eggs
- Make sure your glass jars are clean and then choose the stickers you want to use.
- Put the stickers on the jars, move them around until you are happy with their position.
3. Now choose which colours you want to use; I went for pastel colours as I felt they were more Spring like. You will need a few coats, I started by going around the rims of the jar and then brushing down to cover the stickers and ensuring every part is coated evenly.
4. Leave to dry for around 10-15 between each coat.
5. Once dry, carefully peel off the vinyl stickers to reveal the silhouette on the jar!
6. Fill each jar with your chosen chocolate eggs.
7. Then you can decorate as you please! I popped flowers on the lids and finished with some ribbon but you could do whatever you fancy really!
And there you have it, some beautiful little Easter jars to give as presents or use as a centrepiece for any Easter display.